2014年3月14日 星期五

Kennedy Town was my home town


I lived in Kennedy Town (Sai Wan) for over 30 years. I went for a visit during December 2013 after my immigration to USA. That day I walked down the steps from Pok Fu Lam Road, went through Ching Lin Terrace to Sands Street.

 
 
 
                             







The building on upper Sands Street is built on the hill, when I lived there it was rather tired for me to go home after my work or after buying food from the market. That day I saw a lift and escalator taking people up to Sands Building, it is much convenient for the people to live there now.  





The Kennedy Town Community Complex is at the corner of  Rock Street + Smithfield Road. It has market, food court, library, gym and rooms for community actives.....etc.



Koon Lung Lau is the earlist low rent estate in Hon Kong Island. It is a up-to-date estate now and MTR station will be near by.



                       Shing Sai Road is along the sea shore.






I found Kennedy Town has changed a lot since I left for USA.

20 則留言:

  1. 回覆
    1. Hong Kong has changed a lot within 3 years.

      刪除
    2. it would keep on changing, it will change again while you come back three years later.

      刪除
  2. Ching Lin Terrace and Sands Street ... I know where it is....

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. 寫完個古仔,多番啲時間巡blog,百厭未住過香港,不過青蓮台同山市街百厭好熟識,如果Wei姊以前住嗰度,可能撞過面,點解?第日話過你知.....

      刪除
    2. I lived Kennedy Town over 30 years.

      刪除
  3. 回覆
    1. I like to live on HK Island more than Kowloon.

      刪除
  4. wei-wei,轉寫英文網誌!?
    時代進步,環境一直在變更中…

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Due to my penpower Jr. is not working so I have to write in English now.

      刪除
  5. 哈哈 , 我終於看到魯班先師廟了 , 因為上次我見到長長的級級好驚行完一堆又一堆 , 所以冇上去 , 謝謝妳影下來分享 , 原來這間廟外貌咁靚的 .

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Next time you can take #4 or #7 bus from Central bus terminal, get off Pok Fu Road gas station, cross the road walk down from the steps to Lo Pan Temple.

      刪除
    2. 有機會過開海 , 都會去行下的 , 謝謝妳提供的巴士路線 .

      刪除
  6. 原來已經有 liift 可以上到去了, 真好哩! 看到妳拍的魯班廟頂 , 很美的棱飛角!非常難得的古式建築!
    原來觀龍樓就在附近,不知海邊那條街道,中文叫什麼名稱?
    謝謝妳的分享!

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. 不好意思,因為一時手快,lift 字打多了一個i。

      刪除
    2. 海邊那條街道叫 "城西道"。不要以為山市街有了升降機和扶手電梯就從山市街去魯班廟, 因為鲁班廟在青年台, 由山市街上青年台都有很多梯級的。所以我提議從薄扶林道桃李園旁邊的梯級走下去。

      刪除
  7. 多謝分享,讓我看到魯班先師廟。

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. 不知魯班先師廟的近貌如何? 我在2018年回港沒有重訪山市街。

      刪除